http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1822/asInline.html

Monday, February 27, 2012

Month 1




From the very beginning Madelyn was a really content baby, always slept very well which makes it easy on her mama! Don't get me wrong, there were many nights spent walking her up and down our stairs trying to get her to sleep, but overall she was really content baby. Every time she would cry I was convinced she was hungry so seemed like that first month all I did was feed her. I should have spaced her feedings out a little more, think it would have been better on the both of us. Finally my mom convinced me feeding her every 3 hours would be just fine, and that really made things go a lot smoother. I was so worried about getting her on a schedule, little did I know babies make their on schedules and there is very little you can do to influence that other than make sure they do not get overtired. I really did not know about this whole overtired phenomenon the first month. Dave would get home around 6 and we would just keep Madelyn up until we were about ready for bed. Well that was just dumb, let me tell you. After figuring out babies needed to sleep every 2 hours that really helped in getting her to go to sleep!! The first month was mostly spent at home other than trip to West for cousin Kirk's birthday party. Madelyn always smiled in her sleep, officially smiled at us while awake on October 8th. Dave was leaning over the balcony telling me he ripped his jeans and she looked up and smiled at him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment