http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/1822/asInline.html

Monday, February 27, 2012

Month 5








Madelyn is now sitting up which is so much fun! She loves riding in the grocery cart and looking around. I am looking into buying a new car seat for her, because I think she will like sitting up higher in the car and she is about to grow out of her infant seat. Any suggestions? I need a convertible one, preferably one that sits really tall so she can see out of the window.

Highlights from Month 5:

Sleep: Goes to bed around 7 pm, wakes up at 7 am. Some nights she wakes up once in the middle of the night. I usually feed her and she goes right back to sleep. At night I have to rock her to sleep most of the time as she really cries if I just put her in her crib, but each week is different. Some nights she falls asleep on her own, just depends. Naps are pretty regular now. First nap is from 9-10:30 or 11. Second nap from 1-2:30 or 3.
Eats: Every 4 hours, no solids yet. Planning on making her own baby food so looking into this for next month
Achievements: Sitting up, can now spin herself around while on her tummy toward a new direction. She is really reaching and grabbing for everything. If I am drinking water she dives toward the cup and tries to grab it from me. She sometimes will dive toward the floor when I am holding her if she wants down. :) She really likes tummy time now, today she stayed on her tummy and played for a solid hour! She is starting to stand more, and has done this especially in her exersaucer. She has started saying "mama" when we put her down at night. Mostly says it when she cries in her crib when I am not there. It is the saddest thing, I usually always give in and go rock her to sleep when this happens. She can now put her feet in her mouth and does this often when I am changing her diaper. She really likes messing with things now, loves to try and figure things out. Makes me think she is going to be like her Daddy and like to know how to put things together and how "stuff works". :)
New things: She gets a kick out of hearing people talk, breathing loud, chewing gum, singing, and funny sounds. I think she is going to have really good ears because she always looks at me with a concerned face if there is a new sound outside in the distance. She is much more hyper now and is always wanting a new toy or something new to play with. I have been taking her to the park and putting her in the infant swing which she really likes! She is such a joy and we are so thankful for her!

1 comment: